Saturday, August 20, 2011

bit of beach

Apparently I'm posting daily now.  At least, for now.

Which quickly makes one realize there are important questions to answer before starting to type, like - "What the heck am I saying here? And why?" And I'm not sure of the answers. Oh well, onwards and upwards.

It's a Saturday morning. My Sunday, I've got to work tomorrow. A bit low-key, not sure what we're doing today. I did end up going to the beach yesterday, and the sun was shining! I had a sweet little hour there before turning back and coming to the Boyfriend's for supper. At the beach (Chimney Corner, I ended up deciding) I got to wear my new bikini (first time all summer) and swim around in some gorgeous clear, turquoise-teal blue water, then lie in the sun and read some of my book (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - I'm finally attempting the whole series). It was pretty great, and I did my best to be there, in that moment, and soak it up. That's a lot harder than it sounds! Our human brains do struggle against being in the moment, and I knew that soon enough I'd be back in the car and leaving, wishing I had enjoyed it for all it was worth.

Today: maybe more beach somewhere? It's cloudy, but warm. First up - breakfast. Yes, at 11:30. Don't judge.

Blog Archive