Sunday, April 2, 2006

sonic sass

What do you get when you cross a tube of gold glitter (and all the consequent glam and sex) with Goldilocks?

Goldfrapp, of course!

(Jess de Groot, a friend of some friends of mine, got a CD of this duo for her birthday, and upon hearing it I decided I quite liked it, so she lent me the other two CDs of their music. What lovely, smooth beats...they work either as background music or (I would imagine) played as loud as you could get them, in a darkened club.)

And yes, I am procrastinating. I'm taking a break from writing about wilderness preservation discourse analysis, and studying the philosophy of George Grant, and a number of other things, to tell you about the sassy sounds of Goldfrapp, which you really should check out. If you're into that sort of thing.

Blog Archive