Thursday, April 6, 2006

naan bread to make you dream of naan at night.

I am so full of the most delicious Indian buffet I've ever had in my LIFE. My Environmental Policy and Praxis seminar class was taken out by the professor to Chez Riz, which is in downtown Fredericton, and where they have 9$ buffet lunch. Plus I had a chai tea, with cardamom pods in the bottom of the cup. When I guessed correctly what they were, the waiter brought me another for free. (I don't think he does that for everyone who goes in there, orders a chai and says, "Hmm... interesting flavour.. would I be correct in saying those are cardamom pods?" So you can try it, but don't be disappointed. That's all I'm saying.)

So anyway, yeah, I'm really full of the best lamb curry, lentils, home-made yogurt, naan bread, etcetera, in the world, and then Chloe and Christy and I waited for the bus by hanging out in Coffee and Company and drinking more tea, and now I'm home to do a bit of schoolwork before going off to "girl's night" at Christy's house. (These are two girls who were in the class with me this year, who I never really knew before but who I've been hanging out with a fair bit. Partly because Christy's my partner for the massive 40-page "Ecological Reserves: A Discourse and Power Analysis", and partly because they are both really cool.) I am so content. It is raining outside, not pouring but just sort of drizzling, enough that you know it is raining but not enough to turn you into a wet dog just by walking outside. And I have the aftertastes of all these delicious foods and spices in my mouth, and dear dear Jill Scott is singing "Love rain, down on me, down on me...", her music just as spicy and filling as the food I just ate. (That is not actually a misplaced metaphor, it really works. Listen to her stuff. I'm telling ya.)

So before I get down to the final edit of the aforementioned 40-page paper, here is a quick meme I got from Maggie Estey's livejournal and I felt like sharing with ya'll. Do it on your blog if you like. It's fun and wastes a bit of time. You pick one word to describe each category. Don't think too hard about it!

The Meme from Mags:

1. Yourself: lively.
2. Your Lover: absent.
3. Your Hair: side-parted.
4. Your Mother: Pisces.
5. Your Father: Gemini.
6. Your Favorite Item: corkscrew.
7. Your Dream Last Night: forgotten.
8. Your Favorite Drink: Chai.
9. Your Dream Home: cabin.
10. The Room You Are In: cozy.
11. Your Pet: feline.
12. Who You Are Now: student.
13. Who You Want to be Like Ten Years From Now: Tracy.
14. What You Want to be Ten Years From Now: content.
15. What You're Not: anxiety-free.
16. Your Best Friend: Claire!
17. One of Your Wishlist Items: SmartCar.
18. Your Gender: woman.
19. The Last Thing You Did: took a bus.
20. What You Are Wearing: jeans.
21. Your Favorite Weather: fall.
22. Your Favorite Book: Outlander.
23. The Last Thing You Ate: Indian!
24. Your Life: full.

Blog Archive