Sunday, October 23, 2011

colour, inspiration, yeah

Your faithful mailgirl.

Being busy can also mean that when you go back through your pictures of the last few months, you're pleasantly surprised and inspired by what you find. You forget what was there.

These first three pictures are from July 31st. The day after the big U2 concert I went to. I was in Sackville, New Brunswick. We ate at a cafe that served the most delicious lemonade (see below). A memory which makes me want to make up a glass  pitcher of lemonade each time I think of it, even in the depths of fall as we are now. 


City Mail, it turned out, was a fun art project that two girls had dreamed up, which usually ran in Halifax but which was running in Sackville for this one weekend for the duration of an indie rock festival called "Sappy Fest". It's basically a mail service. You write a letter or a note. One of the several girls on staff, wearing vintage-y looking mail uniforms, delivers the letter to whoever you want, given they're in the same town. I think if you Google it you can find out more, like interviews with the girls and stuff.




These pictures are from July 25th. I went to the local hardware store and got some colour chips. (I'm now making an effort to spell "colour" the Canadian way. Because, really, it's not that hard.) Then I played around with them.

I totally intended to use them somehow in the summer mini-book I was intending to use to document my summer, but I got distracted and never finished it. The chips are still sitting in a neat little pile in the cardboard box that holds all the other things I meant to put in the summer mini-book. Oh well - someday!

Blog Archive