Monday, July 11, 2011

livin the dream, bye



Take it from the top: fried wonton with sweet and sour sauce. (And the lemon slice from my first Caesar ever.) Greasy, sweet and garishly cherry red. YUM.

Then: a boat called Patience showed up on our doorstep. Hobbled and with her trailer falling and rotting out from under her, she'd been sold to someone who didn't really know what to do with it and has since decided to give it to us. Let us do what we want with it. (The marina, I mean.) I get a real kick out of the fact that the boat is called "patience". And that the letters are all worn away. What does that mean, exactly?

Canada Day weekend: painted my nails white and red. Got in Boyfriend's truck and we drove away, on a beautiful sunny day. Went to the Eastern Passage area and had one of those "slice of heaven" weekends you sometimes get. Where it all makes sense and lines up and you just bask in love and awesomeness. I played MASH with a 9-year-old girl. Apparently I'm going to end up with Jian Ghomeshi (not Prince William or Justin Bieber, dammit) and I will be a writer. Yes!! And of course I took a walk on the beach - hands up if you love beaches.

And then there is this: if you read Elise Blaha's blog then you know about the Summer mini-books. I ordered one for myself! Exciting times. The Canadian postal strike/lock-out meant I didn't get it for a month, but that's OK. Now it's time to print photos and start getting cozy with scissors, glue, tape and other fun devices.



Blog Archive