Thursday, November 12, 2009

solar healing

So today is Thursday, and that's my blog posting day. And I've got lots of ideas and things to blog about - top on the list being the book I just finished, Fall On Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald.

But -

Today is a beautiful, sunny day, and I have the good fortune to be sick.

Wait - how does that work?

Well, I'm sick. I have a sore throat and generally feel fatigued and gross. I'm taking a few days off work, to stay home, to rest, to drink various herbal tisanes that are meant to be helpful. (Plantain leaves, and sage. And others.)

It's also sunny and beautiful. I'm going to wrap myself in a blanket, sit on the deck, and close my eyes. Let my skin drink in enough Vitamin D to last me a couple of days at least.

And because the sun doesn't last very long this time of year - it's 1 PM now and in three more hours it will have set, or be very close to it - I'm going to spend the rest of these sunny hours outside. Treating my own guilt with a steady dose of "It's OK to be here right now."

(Guilt at what? Well, at being sick when I "should" be working. Guilt for not working in the garden on a beautiful day because I'm sick. All that fun stuff. Good old guilt.)

So - that's all for now. I'll be back today or tomorrow. In the meantime - I recommend some sunshine. No matter what ails you.

Blog Archive