Sunday, February 3, 2008

genius on vacation, links fill in

I've got some posts in the works, but since they're not ready yet, and since this is one of those days when genius does not come spilling out of me, I'm going to treat you all to the "Take-Out" of blogging: some fancy cool links! Hurray! Yippee! And other such words!

First up is Sudtipos, a type foundry. This site is run by four Argentinians, and I found it through the ever-marvelous I Love Typography. What I love about it is how you can run your cursor over the name of a font and it will show you what it looks like, to the left. I especially love "Mousse Script" — doesn't it just look like thick chocolate pudding? Mm hmm.



Which are your favorites?


Second is the Food Miles Challenge, run by the fabulous (and local, at least for Maritimers) Falls Brook Centre. They have good design sense, and they're environmentalists, to boot! It doesn't get much better than that. Check out how far that SuperStore tomato traveled, then check out recipes for local foods.





Third link is the Syracuse Cultural Workers. I bought most of my Christmas presents from them, and my Christmas cards. They have some really cool products, and lots of quotes that inspire. One of my favorites is this one, which I bought myself as a poster, and if you're so inclined, you can do the same here.


Good type, good food, and good art. Now if only I could find take-out this delicious. Enjoy, kids, and be sure to leave your favorite Sudtipos font in the comment box!

Blog Archive