Thursday, January 19, 2006

ode to pink pills, but not for breakfast



Thanks to these little pills, my cold is going away! Hurray!

I went down to the health clinic on Tuesday, thinking "This cold has been here for three weeks, I hate being sick, yegads!" Waited a while in a crowded waiting room, then saw the Doctor. She prescribed these (my first antibiotics ever), and then I took a bus to the pharmacy and filled the prescription. I was a little skeptical, having attacked on all fronts with other, more docile medicines. But this is only day 3 of 10, and already I'm not coughing nor blowing my nose, and generally feeling more energy. This doesn't make all the schoolwork go away, but it certainly gives me a better outlook on things.

However: I will listen to my horoscope for this week, which ends by saying: "Just one piece of advice, though: Don't scrimp on your efforts to protect and nurture yourself. "

In other news, Mat made it safely to Ireland, and I don't expect to hear from him for a while. He's off learning things, taking pictures, meeting folks, and (hopefully) perfecting his Irish accent, so he can come home and make us all laugh. Also, I made pancakes for breakfast this morning, with blueberries in them! I ate them with yogurt and molasses, my favorite. Yum.

What's your favorite breakfast? Discuss.

Blog Archive