Wednesday, October 12, 2005

one critic calls it, "articulate...and apt"

So a couple of weeks ago, the Aquinian, our student newspaper up on the hill, published an article on the front page titled, "STU's Fair Trade Café placed on probation". It had a full color picture of the coffee server and a well-written article by Evan Clark to accompany it. Apparently the little cafe up in Brian Mulroney Hall (and don't get me started on the fact that we have a building named for this, ahem, illustrious ex-PM) isn't doing so well--though owned by the same company that runs a very-successful Tim Horton's outlet down in the much-more frequented James Dunn Hall!

So it got me thinking, and I wrote the thoughts down, and when I was done writing them down, I emailed them to the editor of the Aquinian, and whaddaya know, this week's paper has my little letter in it! Woo hoo!

(As a side note, some random STU student was inspired by my letter to look me up in the STU directory and email me, to thank me for writing. It made my day! Thank you to Sue Smith*).

(*Name has been changed to protect the innocent.)

Also in "STU Coffee news"--when I went up to BMH today to get some coffee, Cynthia Noble said, "Are you Leah?" And we talked a little about our respective Nobles, and how Aramark has made it possible now for meal-card-kids to get fair trade coffee. (Let it be known, though, that they are not advertising this fact anywhere on campus except at the fair trade cafe.)

So, all of this is to say, that if you want to make your voice heard, you have every right to go ahead and do it. Especially about a cause you're passionate about--and lord knows I'm passionate about Just Us French Roast! There is no better "essay stimulant" around, at least that's legal.

So anyway--here's the link again. Check me out!

Blog Archive