Wednesday, May 5, 2004

Tasmanian angel

Flew into Hobart this morning, after leaving Melbourne (looking to be a clear day) at 8 am. Landed, got on the airport shuttle bus thingie, and got in to the Narrara Backpackers around 10. Since then I've been wandering the city in my worn Golas, across to the Domain (deserted except for an old man who told me someone else had lost "6 dollars 40") and then down to the Royal Botanical Gardens, where admission was free. They had all kinds of plants and a fuchsia house and all sorts of things.

Tomorrow I am going up the West Coast to the WWOOF farm of Geraldine and Paul deBurgh. I don't know what the Internet situation will be so I may not be in touch for a bit. Then again, I just may. Apparently for the first few days I am to be the only woman there, and they would like for me to play 'momma' by cooking meals for 4 WWOOFers and the dad. There are cows to milk and they've built a hay bale house. If anyone has any queries about organic gardening you think I could find the answer for, leave it in the comments box and I'll see what I can do.

Has anyone seen The Barbarian Invasions? I'm thinking of seeing it when I get back to Sydney, it looks lovely. I saw Elephant when I was in Melbourne, that was a striking and quiet film.

Enough of this, it's expensive.

Blog Archive