Monday, December 19, 2011

christmas is a'comin

Yeah, this month is flying by!

Woo!

It's been a good one so far. Some snow, for scenery. Getting ready for the Holidays is going well... I have my eight or so Christmas presents bought, and ready to be wrapped. I want to get creative with the wrapping this year - read, I'm being cheap! But no, really. I'm talking stamps and ink on Kraft paper, and fun things with ribbon, pipe cleaners, whatever. I'm going to do a tour of the house and see what fun stuff I can scare up.

There will be pictures soon. I'm talking scenes of: baking with a friend, a dinner party by candlelight, decorations at the marina, new thrift-shop finds (yes! a Christmas sweater, my first ever, and definitely not the last - this is one item I can definitely collect over time), and lights lights lights. This time of year, for me, is all about lights in the darkness.

They can be twinkle lights, or it can be each others' lights, our brightness and our beaming smiles.

This time of year, for me, is also all about reflection backwards and forwards. Looking back to the year that was, and thinking to the year ahead. I'm sappy that way, I guess!

In 2012 I want to find:
  • places to get rid of most of my possessions. At least, the extraneous ones. I want to be more of a minimalist - or, as Adam put it succinctly - "Bring less shit." He was talking about the bags of clothes I usually take to his place on the weekends. When usually I only need a pair of sweatpants.
  • really amazing people on this island, doing really amazing things. And I want to find all the places possible to tell those stories to other people, both on the island and off of it.
  • a fantastic apartment in Sydney if I end up going back to school. Maybe the second floor of an older home, with high ceilings, a fireplace (doesn't actually have to be functional), and wooden floors. Yup, dream big alright! 
Oh and check out my Pinterest "Christmas" board to see my yuletide inspiration.

Pictures sometime this week. Enjoy each other!

Blog Archive