Thursday, December 30, 2004

home again, home again, lickety split

My holidays were heaps busy, as a regular reader of this site would have been able to tell by about a week after my last post. Sorry about that, but there were extenuating circumstances--scanty access to the Internet. Plus, there was much revelry and family to attend to, and also a heap of travel.

So here I am, back in Fredericton, on a cold and snowy night. I'm also under the proverbial weather, having developed a bit of a bug on the last day of the Quebec trip. Mat had it, and then Mum did, and then we were packing to go and I foolishly thought, Oh, I won't get it. Hah. Famous last thoughts. At least Mum had upgraded our train arrangments to sleeping berths, so at least I had somewhere flat to lie down in between visits to the rollicking train restroom. Yikes.

I'm going to write a better summary of all that went on (and there was a lot!) tomorrow. For now, though, I've just remembered that before I left I washed my flannel sheets and remade my bed. There is absolutely nothing better than getting into a freshly-washed-flannel-sheeted bed, especially after having a long hot bath. So without further ado, I'm off to that. I'll write again and tell you all my Super Exciting Stupendous plans for New Year's Eve, tomorrow. G'night!

Blog Archive