Sunday, May 30, 2004

last night in Oz

Sunday night, and I'm at Sozzlington's, in Redfern, having a quiet night in. We watched "Blue Velvet" and had a lovely dinner, and then Michael Jackson's "Thriller", and now we're off to bed. Tomorrow morning I will go to the airport and get on the China Airlines jetplane and embark on the three-day journey to go home. It really hasn't sunk in yet. I doubt it will until I am past the security gate and truly leaving Australian soil and the Southern hemisphere altogether.

It was a good last weekend--Friday night 10 of my best mates here and I went to Fatima's, to a cushion room, and had a Lebanese food feast, complete with a visit from a skilled belly dancer, who soon had our whole little room on their feet dancing. Lots of falafel, pitas, hummous, baba ghanouj, tabouli, lady fingers, and vine leaves stuffed with rice and savoury meats, and then for dessert baklava, turkish delight and sweet, strong coffee. It was BYO so we had about ten bottles on the table. After there we traipsed to the Clare Hotel, on Broadway, and danced and drank some more. Stayed in bed Saturday until about 1. Since then it's been lazy trackydacks*-wearing, film-watching good times, and saying goodbye.

*Trackydacks=track pants.

Til I'm in Canadia again, hope you're all well. Talk to you soon.

Blog Archive