Tuesday, March 16, 2004

"Everything that happens once can never happen again. But everything that happens twice will surely happen a third time."

We booked our tickets this morning, Jacks and I, amid the stress of driving around and time constraints. We fly into Wellington on Saturday, then make our way over a ten-day period to Christchurch, and fly out on the 30th. It will cost us 408$, not counting the 25$ 'leaving fee'.

My job at the pottery ended yesterday, I hugged Yu Pa goodbye, told Mercury 'it's been real', and generally gave good wishes to everyone else. No more kilns, no more glazing, no more seconds cupboard, no more stylists from fancy foodie magazines, no more dispatch filled with packing peanuts. Unless of course Shelly decides she needs me, cash in hand, under the table, for a bit longer. Which I would willingly do. But I doubt she'll go against the rules like that.

So the next few days will be full of finding hostels in NZ to stay in, figuring out that trip, figuring out a bit of the next one, seeing friends, saying goodbyes. Packing. Oh, endless packing.

Blog Archive