Saturday, March 13, 2004

do you want it on your collard greens?

Saturday, a slow one. I'm getting too used to this city, to endeared by this life. The flowers everywhere, the trees all in bloom, the people, all the people. Tempting thoughts of staying do enter my mind, I'm still human, you know.

Here's from the book "The Alchemist"; one reason why I'm still going:

"There was a language in the world that everyone understood, a language the boy had used throughout the time that he was trying to improve things at the shop. It was the language of enthusiasm, of things accomplished with love and purpose, and as part of a search for something believed in and desired. Tangier was no longer a strange city, and he felt that, just as he had conquered this place, he could conquer the world.
'When you want something, all the universe conspires to help you achieve it,' the old king had said."

Exchange "Tangier" for "Sydney" and you catch my drift.

Blog Archive