Wednesday, April 16, 2003

I had a Special Guest pass for the WSSF today, and a lot of good it did me. I take that back, it got me up the chair for free, presumably to see the Crossmax tryouts, or whatever it was, but I didn't go. I visited Sarah in her high-stress job as a busser at the Rendezvous on Blackcomb and then rode up the Whistler gondola. I also tried to get onstage for a picture of the Swollen Members, but I had to have a Media pass and they wouldn't, surprisingly, let me on with the Media guy who was behind me, although he seemed keen. It was fun while it lasted, I got to feel all important with a pass around my neck on a Royal Bank lanyard. At least, little kids seemed impressed. And that's all that matters...

I'm going to book my tickets tonight, at least some of them. Also, everything I'm not taking with me on my trip is in two cardboard boxes, ready to go home with Mum and Mat. After I get back from Vancouver Island I'll be heading to San Francisco, and then back to Vancouver to catch a train to Montreal, and then to see Claire for a bit, and then to NYC to see my grandparents, and then to New Hampshire to meet up with Einar, and soon after, arriving home. Where and when possible I'll post, but if not, don't you worry about me. I'll be alright. Anyway, I don't leave Whistler til May 5, so your trusty correspondent remains til then.

Blog Archive