Wednesday, October 12, 2011

fact: there is more to do, than can EVER be done

Two Internet friends - well, that's probably not the right term, since they may or may not know who I am, but I think it works - are tapping into whatever wavelength I'm on, lately. More like, they're giving me the words I need right now. And they don't even know it.

Those words are:

"you know when you dont KNOW?
when you're not sure of the outcome so therefore you dont do anything?
i do that all the time.
and then i realize, oh. my only job is to move to the music, not to predict what will happen in the end."

(Shannon Leith.)

"My I'm-OKAY prayer:
I'm okay EVEN IF I don't build my own furniture and home school my kids and raise free-range llamas. I'm okay EVEN IF I am the world's worst knitter, baker, cleaner, time-manager. I'm okay EVEN IF I prefer comfort over style in everything from leggings to couches.
I'm okay EVEN IF I don't know how to sew or do HTML code or ride horses bareback. I'm okay EVEN IF I don't keep track of what-I-wore or where-I-went or how-to-be-exciting-in-140-characters. I'm okay - EVEN IF I eat too much chocolate. Or crackers + cheese. I'm okay EVEN IF I prefer to cuddle on the couch with a glass of pinot noir every now and again instead of working my nights away so I can pretend I'm keeping up with the internet. I'm okay.


It feels good to say that. Life here is very sweet right now and I feel like I need to take a moment to soak it all in. I'm taking a serious look at how I can streamline + disconnect to preserve my sanity. Especially leading into the holiday season (which I love). I'm hatching a plan. How do you do it?"


(Kal Barteski)

Fact: there is more to do, than can EVER be done. Fact: there are more leaves on the trees, than you can ever count. Even if you lived a hundred lifetimes. So just enjoy how pretty those leaves are.

Blog Archive